So I like to gamble.
I like gambling enough to split that thought into three separate lines in order to properly illustrate it to you, the reader.
With that established, my recent move to study for a semester in London has brought about a few inhibiting factors to my gambling abilities this year:
- In London, I am a broke person. Granted, this has not stopped me from gambling before, but it is important to know.
- In London, friends to gamble with are more difficult to find, and bookies are real and scary, not fun-loving and encouraging like the ones in Vegas.
- In London, no one wants to watch football (they much prefer football).
- In London, the 1 pm NFL games start at 6 pm. In order to watch football the way I watch football, I will be up until 5 am for the next seventeen Sundays.
- In London, it is impossible to find NFL RedZone. I really miss Scott Hanson.
Because of this, I have devised a plan to appease my gambling tendencies for the year: I am going to (hypothetically) join the Las Vegas Hilton SuperContest.